Saturday, February 16, 2013

Prayers In The Cave



























A cave became a place of refuge for David to cry out to the Lord.
Psalm 142:1 says that David "cried aloud, with his voice made supplication unto the Lord," etc.

David did not stuff what was in his heart; he opened his mouth in the welcoming presence of the Lord and cried out  for mercy for all that was concerning him.

I wanted this digital painting to convey how the prayers from a broken contrite heart before God are not despised. As you sense His presence, you notice that LIGHT begins to manifest in your "cave" and you hear a lovely peaceful sound. It is a beautiful stream of water that is mixing with your tears that you have shed while in the cave.

Where you may feel like you're in a place of darkness, the words that you utter from the depths of your heart "stick to the walls of caves" and the Lord HEARS and then begins a rainbow work of promise to answer.


5 comments:

  1. Stunningly beautiful work! I am so happy to have found you on the net...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Maureen! Abundant blessings, joy, comfort, inspiration, direction, and even MORE CREATIVITY for YOU as you write your wonderful messages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just left an anonymous comment at Sunday Morning Tomb Activity because I am new to how to do this. You see your picture has become very important to me and I too am grateful to have found you. I hope to communicate with you much more in the future. Thank you! (I put my name and email here to contact you but am advised URL must contain a host name. I don't know what that means but will find out and get back in touch. In the meantime, I am Robin Lee, admirer of your work.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, Robin! I just now am seeing your comment because I have been away nearly a year. Good to be back. It BLESSES me that you found my art site here at Wheeeee Hours and that my art ministered to you! My other site that does the PRINTING of my art in many forms is: It Takes All Kinds. (see the slide show on the right hand side of this page for more of my work). I thank you deeply for writing me, Robin and hope to hear from you again. Abundant blessings to you and yours and truly may the Lord pour into your 2016! Margie

    ReplyDelete