Monday, February 11, 2013

Potter's Wheel



















I have always been a freak for rainbows. I love the supernatural message that they carry-God set them in the sky as a reminder that He would never destroy the earth with water again. There's a part of me that finds that hilarious. He is the "Living Water" that brings life and yet as the Potter, He beats me to "death." 
(Watch a potter in action sometime on youtube. It's a sermon for sure).

It takes water to aid the clay; to shape it, mold it, fashion it while on the wheel. Takes a lot of continuous "hands on" to keep it from wobbling and falling into a sad mess. The potter's hands know exactly how and when to have a soft touch or a firm grip.


So the Living Water Who is the Potter is molding me and making me. His nailed scarred hands are constantly on and around me; pounding out the stuff that causes problems and then placing me on His wheel.
I find it endearing that the Living Water creates a rainbow all around me as He works; He knows how much I love them and at the same time it reminds me that He is FAITHFUL to His Word when He makes a promise.

It is humbling to look at His scarred Hands that took the nails and held Him to the cross on MY behalf.
Such beautiful marred hands that insist on making all things lovely and new.

Since He took unfathomable abuse on the cross, His "beatings" on me are absolute love pats.
I am grateful for His touch. It is a safe place and full of such kindness and grace and truth.

Thank You, Living Water Master Potter Jesus for molding me and making me...YOURS...

3 comments:

  1. What God gave you regarding the potter is unutterably glorious! I pray for you today what God is raining on me...a gullywasher, literally and spiritually as I peruse your work. Your FAN, Robin.

    ReplyDelete