Sunday, February 3, 2013

A Little Rough Around The Edges



















Ever said this about someone? "So and so is a little rough around the edges." Has a negative context to it, doesn't it...

I have been both humbled and startled when someone I griped about who "was a little rough around the edges" turned out to have some  amazing inner beauty when I "got past the edges" and went in a bit further and looked around.

Incidentally, I added what's known as "noise" in the edges of this painting. Noise is made up of thousands of little dots and if used creatively, can add some texture to a painting or photograph.
Some of those folks who are rough around the edges make a lot of noise; but again, the "noise" helps lead the eye around in the painting. What's bigger in this painting? The noise or the color?

Next time you encounter a soul who is "noisy and a little rough around the edges" try looking at the BIGGER picture as I am learning to do!

2 comments:

  1. I must be rough around the edges and noisy because your fabulous art makes me want to shout!!!!!!!!!!! Hallelujahs to God, praise to the most high, Glory to God for putting this magnificent ministry in your heart and hands and eyes. I love you for doing this, my sister. I'm the one who saw God in white in resurrection activity at the tomb who is not computer savvy enough to leave anything but anonymous...my name is Robin. THANK YOU...THANK YOU...THANK YOU...THANK YOU...THANK YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today I see when I want to worship God I can look at your pictures and read your inspirations. These are greater than most of the very best sermons I've ever heard and are more enduring. Wow! I'm your fan for life. Thank you! Robin Lee from edgarleegrace@outlook.com

    ReplyDelete