Thursday, July 19, 2012

How Beautiful



















On July 7 2007 I was in Nashville attending THE CALL to pray for our nation. I had my camera with me to record this time in our history and joined the MASSES on the stadium field.

There were many people of all ages, colors, and nations worshipping and praying as one. A man was lying prostrate in front of me and, like so many, had removed his shoes.

I was so taken by this moment that I almost felt guilty for having my camera out, but I felt an unction to take a picture of the man's feet because I KNEW one day I would use it somehow and that day is now; five years later...

What was your first thought in the first two seconds when you looked at the picture before you really read the words? Was it anything like, "Man, those are some nasty dirty feet" as you zeroed in on the grime, the callouses, and how wrinkly the feet looked?

THEN the words began register and two in particular leaped out at you...

Beautiful...

Feet...

Let's stop right here. Some of you really give your feet a hard time verbally-ie-"I've got the ugliest feet known to man; my toes are hideous. I can't stand my feet" blah blah blah.

Let me ask you this:
Did you see the words GOOD NEWS on the feet or were you so focused on the dirt and callouses that you had to take another look. Let that sink in (but with NO shame or condemnation) for a moment and let's point out some other things regarding the picture.

The different colored textures that you see represent the roads we sometimes have to walk when carrying the good news. Those roads can be ROUGH. Literally rough and relationally rough. Some don't want to hear good news. Others live in places where their HEARTS are open, but the ROADS are not. Rough. Strenuous. Which is harder?  "I told you NO I don't want to HEAR it" or "Oh please come" while the roads and jungles seem to be blocking your way with NO.

So off you go; you and your branded feet that say GOOD NEWS. Did you notice that the GOOD NEWS has a blood red color to it? The GOOD NEWS also has "an outer glow" via Photoshop and it "casts a shadow." That made me snicker how the Lord uses EVERYTHING, even filter names in Photoshop, to prophetically point out something He wants us to see. Like Peter, our SHADOW can fall on people and they can be HEALED.

Finally, the deliberate light blast on the man/believer's jeans are to show that in the PRESENCE OF THE LORD we are bathed in His Light and in His glory.

Feet no longer are ugly looking and stinky smelling if we're the one crying out for help FROM the pit or  the one walking TOWARD the pit with BEAUTIFUL FEET... how sweet is the smell of deliverance and how radiant from being shod with the Gospel of Peace and GOOD NEWS.

How Beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment