Monday, July 23, 2012

But Deliver Us From Evil



















I had the Aurora families in mind when I composed this photograph tonight.

It is simply a shot of my hands with one small flashlight as the lighting source. A camera mounted on a tripod with a timed release took the shot while I held my hands under the lens. Nothing remarkable about all that, but it DID give the effect I was looking for  to comfort those who mourn:

I cannot debate the "higher ways of the Lord" when my humanness simply does not understand and I cannot accuse my Savior of being evil Himself for giving man a free will to do despicable things of ALL kinds, and I don't know what was going on in the minds of those who were experiencing the horror of this attack, but I DO know that the Lord is well able to save when His Name is called upon. I DO believe in death bed conversions and I am absolutely certain that the old saying, "there are no atheists in fox holes" rings true when murderous EVIL comes charging to steal, kill, and destroy.

For those who are sorely tempted to "curse God and die" as Job's wife bitterly told HIM to do, I pray that the God of ALL COMFORT will pour Himself upon you.

I don't know if those who lost their lives that night had their hands clasped in prayer or in the hand of another loved one or even a stranger, but I pray this picture helps you SEE the following:

The Lord is a VERY PRESENT help in time of trouble. The Lord was holding the hands of those who knew Him as Savior until the very end and some grabbed His hand for the very first time that night.
For THEM, their future looks extremely bright. THEY have been delivered from evil for all eternity.

I pray that as you look at this picture that you will see the Hand of the Deliverer gripping the hand of one crying out in the darkness and I hope that you will see that the hands also represent the MANY intercessors who are praying for you, your children, your spouse, your siblings, your friends, your loved ones; those who survived the attack and those who did not.

May the Lord DELIVER you from evil that would make your heart sick. May the Lord DELIVER you from evil that would accuse Him of being deaf, blind, and uncaring. May the Lord DELIVER you from evil that causes nightmares. May the Lord DELIVER you from evil that says God is dead and that the "dark knight of hell" is in control. May the Lord DELIVER you from evil that shouts to you to NEVER EVER FORGIVE OR FORGET. May the Lord DELIVER you from evil by overwhelming you with His loving kindness, compassion, provision and healing power He not only CAN do, but that He WILL do.

Blessed are those who mourn for they SHALL BE comforted.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your precious ministry. Whenever I need a touch from God I can come and worship Him before your art and messages. Robin

    ReplyDelete