Monday, January 17, 2011

ALL Things Work Together For Good






















I actually burst out laughing when this one was done.
Can you say violence? Turmoil? Dark night of the soul? Spirit verses my flesh? Oswald Chambers didn't help any with his post on Jan. 15 regarding "the white funeral" and if the believer had had one yet. Check it out. It's over on the right hand column and entitled "Do you walk in white?"

 Well, then, why would I give this painting a title based on Romans 8:28? ("For we know that all things work together for good to those who love God and are called according to HIS purpose.")

 ALL things and HIS purpose.

The last few weeks I was thanking the Lord for ALLL these retests I get to do so that it ALLLL works together for GOOD. It is His purpose that I go from glory to glory and for that I am most thankful. I am especially thankful that the minute I utter an exasperated weary sigh regarding something  I still need to work on,  I can hear His still small voice whispering in my ear, "Redo!" with great enthusiastic encouragement, not impatient disdain. Sublime grace... I believe that He is showing me His "violent love" towards me as He works it ALL out together for my good and His glory.

 I pray that in the midst of "the ALL" that hurls, blasts, crashes, zaps, and explodes in your life, that you may be able to see the BEAUTY bursting forth.

FOR GOOD.

Selah

No comments:

Post a Comment