Saturday, July 30, 2011

Jeremiah 20:9




























My friend Alicia had sent the following profound statement from The Knowledge of the Holy, by A.W. Tozer:  
"What comes into our minds when we think about God is the most important thing about us."
Alicia then asked me, "What comes to your mind?"


My first knee jerk response was His KINDNESS and that He was my DELIVERER. But then I took it a step further and "got all hung up" on the word ABOUT. I thought it should have said TO-ie-'is the most important thing TO us' not 'the most important thing ABOUT us.'  So I told her I would have to think about that one and perhaps my answer would come either through a song I wrote or my art.


This latest piece you see today is what I believe to be my answer and I am blown away and delighted that I hear a "Yes and Amen" in my heart and spirit. I was not even thinking about Alicia's question while I was creating. As ALWAYS, the Spirit of the Lord surprised me and whispered, "This is what you're ABOUT."


If the most important thing ABOUT me is that His Word in my heart is like a burning fire shut up in my bones and that I cannot contain it, then glory BE to God. 

3 comments: